We woke up to the beginnings of a much-anticipated snow storm. Steve's school was cancelled. Katherine's and mine was not. So, Kate and I bundled up and drove to school. It snowed all day. It was obvious that the not-too-bad roads were getting worse. Finally, at 1:30 there was an announcement that school would let out an hour early. It was a popular decision!
The one big problem was that Katherine's "friend" birthday party was supposed to be tonight. Two of the little girls coming live in other towns and would have to drive on nasty roads to get there. So, we made the decision to postpone the party until Sunday. Katherine took it remarkably well. She loves parties and hates last minute changes, but even she could see that a party in a snow storm was not a good idea.
It was a long drive home on snow packed roads. Visibility was terrible and at times it was hard to tell if we were even on the road. I was glad it was only 17 miles. Once home we read and just chilled out. We called Granny and Poppy and all went out for pizza.
Katherine's "family" party was supposed to be tomorrow. After looking at weather maps and road conditions, we decided to postpone it until next week. Several relatives will need to drive halfway across the state and the roads are snow packed the entire way. Not good. Once again, Katherine took this well. I feel bad for her, though. Birthday parties are exciting events and it's hard to have to put them off for so long.